- Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
- Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned
- The wise does at once what the fool does at last
- A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books.
- As I go through all kinds of feelings and experiences in my journey through life — delight, surprise, chagrin, dismay — I hold this question as a guiding light: “What do I really need right now to be happy?” What I come to over and over again is that only qualities as vast and deep as love, connection and kindness will really make me happy in any sort of enduring way.
- Be where you are; otherwise you will miss your life.
- I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.
- A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation.
- By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
- It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it.
- We should not judge people by their peak of excellence; but by the distance they have traveled from the point where they started.
Collections of wisedom quotes for this week…. 😉